I’m in a rut. Lately, I have been consumed with feelings of anxiety and stress. I have always been a worrier, but it’s getting worst. I tend to think ahead and always of the worst case scenario. In the past, I have been able to manage my anxiety and stress by acknowledging that my feelings and fears were mostly irrational and very unlikely to happen. However, being an adult now, what causes my anxiety and stress are realistic possibilities. Also, time does not seem to be a valid excuse anymore. I get stressed over the idea that the worst case scenario will happen and I will be s* out of luck (in various areas of my life).Overall, I feel like I need to be doing more than I can actually do. I’d like to share some ideas I have about resolving or reducing my stress:
- Seeking a therapist or a counselor.
- Finding out what the source of the problem and preparing a plan to solve it.
- Adopting a stress relieving habit that is beneficial.
- Talking to someone about it.
- Reading a book.
- Going on a vacation.
- Start journaling again.
- Finding a creative outlet.
- Using a Planner to organize my week.
- Joining a club.
- Going for a run.
- Checking up on a friend.
- Creating a business plan.
- Spending more time with friends and family.
- Staying home and spending time alone.
- Create a daily check list.
What do you all do to get out of a rut? Any advice about relieving anxiety and stress?